Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I CAN RUN AGAIN!

After a 7 month (on-going) struggle with plantar fasciitis and a heel spur, I finally got the okay to start running a little again.  Thank goodness.  I was thinking I might go insane if I can't relieve my stress by running.  But first things first...I need a good pair of shoes.  No more Asics on sale for $40 or less at Kohls when I get a 15% of coupon in the mail.  I will be visiting the running shoe store in town that makes recommendations for shoes that fit your specific type of foot (over-pronator in my case).  I go shopping on Friday and will hopefully log some miles without too much pain this weekend.  Casey will be so excited!

We'll see how it goes.  I'm trying not to be too optimistic.  The podiatrist suggested deep tissue massage and icing.  I had been doing massage and icing but she suggested using a golf ball and rolling it very firmly under my foot.  After 2 nights of doing that, my pain level has increased so once again, I'm not sure what to do.  I start physical therapy at the end of March so hopefully I'll get some relief from that.

No comments:

Post a Comment